The Flying Eagle Gallery is happy to provide excellent Glassworking classes on site.
Previously all the art classes had been held at the Flying Eagle Gallery – but now that we have an Art Guild in Thermopolis – they have picked up the majority of class offerings – so follow them on Facebook to find out what the current offerings are! (https://www.facebook.com/smokingwatersartguild)
- Most of the year we have so much going on and so does everyone else, we just can’t offer a regular class schedule – though in the fall / winter we do try to offer a monthly class (or two). HOWEVER, we are always open to scheduling classes for interested individuals or groups. We offer fun evening classes for groups (wine and munchies provided) and more serious classes for folks who are motivated to pick up a new skill or hone an old one. So give us a call or send us a note! (307-864-4011)
Class Offerings / Possibilities
- Glass Fusing – Dichroic: Dichroic glass is crazy looking (holographic / 3d) – and makes Stunning, eye-catching fused jewelry. Participants will need to be familiar with scoring and breaking glass. Instructor: Tom Butler
- Glass Slumping: Slumping glass is when you heat the glass enough for it to bend into a mold. Great way to make cool plates, vases, and other cool things. Participants will need to be familiar with scoring and breaking glass. Instructor: Tom Butler
- Glass Fusing – Pendants: Participants should be familiar with glass breaking methods. Instructor: Tom Butler
- Beadwork for Beginners: Learn traditional (Native American) Beadwork. This is the REAL DEAL folks! Instructor: Bodie Ward.
- Glass Fusing – Fun with Frit: Frit is simply Powdered Glass – but when you put it on another sheet of glass, you can use it like paint or charcoal then FUSE it – and it comes out looking Awesome! No previous experience with glass required. Instructor: Tom Butler
- Glass Fusing – basic: Participants should be familiar with glass breaking methods. Instructor: Tom Butler
- Introduction to Leaded Glass: Participants learn glass breaking and rudimentary soldering as they make a sun-catcher / ornament. No prior experience required. A MUST if you plan on working with glass (Fusing, Leading, Staining…) Instructor: Tom Butler
- Advanced Leaded Glass: Advanced students can pick up skills in a variety of classes – we can even set up a series of classes based around a particular project. Examples: Advanced Soldering, Traditional Leading, Layout and Design, 3D, Lamp Making, Structural Planning, Stained Glass Repair, Glass Staining…